What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession concerned with the evaluation and restoration of the function and performance of the human body.
Why should I seek Physiotherapy?
There are many reasons to seek physiotherapy. Here are some of the more common ones:
- Injuries including concussions, sprains and strains, falls, etc
- Chronic pain and degenerative conditions like arthritis and multiple sclerosis
- Maintaining strength and independence throughout retirement
- Rehabilitation after major medical incidents like heart attack, stroke, or surgeries
What can I expect?
The process is different for everyone, but in general, here’s what you can expect:
- We will take a detailed history of your health
- We will then examine and assess your physical condition
- We will work with you to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your needs and goals – then begin treatment!
What are the treatments like?
Again, it’s different for everyone! There are four options for treatment, and your treatment plan will be customized to your situation. Treatment options include:
- Manual therapies like muscle release and joint mobilization which restore your body’s function and mobility
- Pain control therapies like electrical nerve stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound, and others
- Rehabilitative exercises and stretches to build strength and restore healthy body movement patterns
- Prescription of tools and assistive devices to protect you and accelerate your recovery, including custom orthotics and braces
When appropriate, your physiotherapist will collaborate on your care with your medical doctor, and our other healthcare providers including Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, and Naturopaths.
She’s back from leave! Mackenzie practices both regular physiotherapy and pelvic floor therapy, and is seeing patients Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Trang brings skills in manual therapy and supervised exercise prescription to the clinic, helping people recover from injuries, surgeries, and chronic conditions.
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist
With her expertise in pelvic floor therapy, Sarah helps her patients with incontinence, pelvic pain, prenatal care, and much more!