What is Pelvic Floor Therapy?
Why should I seek Pelvic Floor Therapy?
There are many reasons to seek pelvic floor physiotherapy. Here are some of the more common ones:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Chronic pelvic pain
What can I expect?
The process is different for everyone, but in general, here’s what you can expect:
- We will take a detailed history of your health
- We will then examine and assess your physical condition
- We will work with you to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your goals, limitations, and personal comfort – then begin treatment!
What are the treatments like?
Your treatment plan will be customized to be suitable for your particular situation. Everyone’s a little different, and we’ll find the right treatment for you! In general, your treatment will consist of three components:
- Manual hands-on treatment
- Education about your condition
- Rehabilitation exercises
When appropriate, your physiotherapist will collaborate on your care with your medical doctor, and our other healthcare providers including Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, and Naturopaths.
Our Pelvic Floor Therapists
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist
Mackenzie’s on maternity leave! Look forward to her return in Fall 2022.