I knew I wanted a career in medicine – like many others who work in healthcare, I’ve always had a strong drive to help people feel better. Yet something about conventional medicine just didn’t seem like the right fit for me. Discovering Naturopathic Medicine was a powerful moment, and I knew instantly this was the profession I wanted to be a part of.
Naturopathic medicine emphasizes a holistic, individualized approach. This means truly listening, and treating each person as the unique individual they are. It looks to address the underlying cause of symptoms, not just suppress them. It values our body’s innate healing ability, and using the most gentle, least invasive ways to help it along. It recognizes how powerful the food we eat each day can be, not only helping treat disease, but also prevent it. It’s a proactive approach to healthcare, and I love that it allows me to educate and empower patients on their individual journey. We work as a team to get you feeling your best.
I’ve become especially passionate about supporting women, through fertility struggles, PMS, endometriosis, pregnancy, menopause and more, but also love working with all different individuals and concerns, from digestive issues to autoimmune disease. You should also know I’m a pretty big nerd – if there’s something I don’t know, I’ll dig into the research to help find you answers and more options.
Education & Training
- Christine received her honours Bachelor of Science from the University of Guelph where she majored in Bio-Medical Science. She then went on to the four-year post-graduate program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic medicine to achieve her Doctor of Naturopathy degree. She was awarded the Governor’s Award of Excellence upon graduation for her outstanding academic achievement throughout the program. Christine also completed an additional course in Integrative Oncology, and was on an adjunctive cancer care focus shift during her fourth-year internship. She is registered with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario, and is a member of both the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors and Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
- Concussion Management
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- Western Medical Acupuncture
- Clinical Nutrition Counselling
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Mental Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Tuesdays 2:30 PM – 7:00 PM (in-person visits)
Thursdays 9:30 AM – 7:00 PM (online video visits)