Providing Care During COVID-19
Updated June 14th, 2020:
Hey everyone! Healthy Body is once again open to in-person appointments. In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we’ve made several changes at the office. These include:
- Plexiglas barriers at reception
- Daily screening of our team and patients for possible symptoms
- Use of hand sanitizer by our team and patients
- Use of personal protective equipment by our team and our patients
- Full cleaning & disinfection of each treatment room between patients
- A visitor log for all entries
What This Means for My Visit
Your next appointment will be a little bit different than before the pandemic:
- We will be screening you for symptoms at time of booking, and upon arrival for your appointment.
- Please bring a face mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide a disposable mask at cost.
- To reduce the spread, please come alone to your visit if you are able.
- When you arrive for your appointment, stay in the parking lot and call us. Your provider will come get you when we are ready for you.
How Are You Screening For COVID-19?
Here are the questions we’re asking in order to screen for COVID-19 symptoms, as mandated by the Ministry of Health:
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19, or have you had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Decrease or loss of your sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
- If you are 70 or older, are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Unexplained or increased number of falls
- Acute functional decline
- Worsening chronic conditions
If you have an appointment scheduled and answered yes to any of the above questions, please call us at 905-389-9522 and we will figure out your next steps.
We're All In This Together.
COVID-19 is indeed a serious concern. With the right safeguards, and considerations, we can slow the spread and reduce the risk. Please help us keep our community safe. If you or someone you are in close contact with develops COVID-19 symptoms prior to your visit, please call and let us know. We will then either take extra precautions during your visit or reschedule you to a later date.
We will never charge a cancelled appointment fee for an illness.