What are Knee Braces?
They're pretty much what they sound like. Knee braces are orthopedic protective devices, custom fitted to your body.
Who Can Benefit from Knee Bracing?
There are two main types of knee braces, and they help patients with different conditons:
- Knee Orthoses, which help keep arthritic knees walking without pain
- Prophylactic Braces, which help prevent injury. These are used mostly in athletes who participate in high-impact sports.
- Rehabilitation Braces, which help people recover from injuries like ACL tears.
What Can I Expect?
There are three steps to getting custom-fitted orthotics.
- Our Chiropractor Dr. Alex Angel will assess your clinical history and perform a physical evaluation. At the end, he will tell you if he feels that your condition may benefit from the use of knee bracing
- Dr. Angel will then fit you for a brace. Many measurements will need to be made as each brace is custom fitted for each patient's leg and knee.
- Wear it!